After the success of my Disney Tag and my reflection posts I decided to do another lifestyle post, this time talking about some changes I’ve made in 2015 for the better! I am definitely one of those people who always says “this is the year I’m going to change my life!” and then go back to old habits on January 2nd. I definitely haven’t been doing all of these things since January 1st, but I’m still proud of some of the changes I’ve made since then, big or small!
- Remembering old passions- I used to love drawing (as you can see in my picture above), reading, singing, writing. Then I grew up and went out to work and became “career focused” and forgot about all those passions. Last year I went through an awful, life-changing experience and realised that yes, a career is a wonderful thing to have but it is not the be all and end all. I know this is said a lot but no one ever dies and thinks “damn, I wish I worked more.” So I’ve been dedicating time not only to baking and writing my blog, but to drawing pictures again, reading new books, singing- and it’s been so much fun.
- Starting Couch to 5k- So I’ve spoken about this quite a lot so far on Twitter and Instagram and if you’re fed up of it then I’m really sorry haha! But why do I talk about it so much? Because I am bloody proud of myself! Basically, I have never been into any sports or exercise of any form. I have always been chubby since I was a little girl and have always wished that I could get into some form of exercise. But it never happens… Until now! At the end of February, I decided really randomly that I was going to start running. I looked into the Couch to 5k and thought it would be perfect and so far I’m REALLY loving it! It slowly builds you up and you don’t finish feeling crappy about yourself because you’re so unfit. Hopefully I’ll still be this enthusiastic about it when I finish the 9 weeks!
- Looking after my hair- Not that I ever DIDN’T look after my hair, but I’ve definitely been taking much better care of it. In November 2013 I had my hair cut to chin length and loved it, but now I miss having long hair and I want to grow it out before I go to Florida in June. I’m doing well, it’s now at shoulder length and I definitely think that’s due to the care I’m taking. I now only wash it every other day (I used to wash it every day) and am going to now try to wash it less than that, although I’ll probably fail at that because I hate my hair even feeling slightly greasy! I also hardly ever use heat on my hair anymore apart from when I’m dressing up for something. Here’s hoping for long luscious locks soon!
- Looking after my skin- Again, not that I wasn’t, but just taking better care. I now make sure I take my make up off each night and try not to wear make up at the weekends so much. I have to wear make up for work (there’s a checklist and everything), so it’s nice to not have to wear it at the weekends sometimes!
- Being more blog organised– Okay so this I’m really proud of. I’ve become so much more organised with my blog, I’m scheduling posts here there and everywhere and it feels so good to not have to worry about whether or not I have any posts to publish! This was one of my goals from back in my first Reflection post, so I’m glad I’ve done it!
- Stop being so bloody shy/unconfident!- I feel that this is something a lot of bloggers talk about, but I do have an issue with self confidence. I am very shy and I find things like Twitter chats really unnerving. I’ve been really trying though and I’ve joined in with a lot of them and it’s boosted my confidence! Everyone is so nice, it’s just about making that first move.
- Be happy with what you’ve got- This is something I have definitely worked on. I used to be very “flighty”, I would only stay in a relationship for max. 3-4 months before I’d panic about committing and end the relationship, which I feel very guilty about. I would have a million ideas and never stick with them as well. But now I’m much more settled and fairly happy with how my life is at the moment. I have a fantastic boyfriend who I have been with for over 18 months (and we live together- take that commitment issues!) and now I seem to stick with my ideas much more. It’s made such a difference to my life just by becoming more settled. Warning, soppy remark coming up, but I’m pretty sure it’s all to do with the stability my boyf gives me. N’aww.
- But never stop dreaming- While I am happy, I still want to keep dreaming. I still want to be able to come up with NEW things to enhance my life, dream new dreams, live my life to the full which is something I definitely don’t do at the moment. I realised recently that my old dreams of being an animator or a children’s book illustrator have faded away and now I don’t dream as often as I should. I kinda thought that now I’m 22 it’s too late and that’s ridiculous! I’ve got SO much time, and it’s time to start realising that and keep on dreaming. Now, shall I be a children’s book illustrator or run my own cake business or both…?
- Spend more time with family- I live an hours drive away from my Dad and half an hours drive away from my sister. I don’t see them as often as I should, so this year I’ve been making sure I see them more. It’s made such a difference, my dad and I are closer, my 4 year old and nearly three year old nephews are less shy around me, and my sister and I get on much better. You should always make time for family. 🙂
- Do more for charity- This is a change I haven’t yet made, but want to. Last year I helped out at a Help for Heroes event and it was so much fun. I really want to do more for charity to give back and help great causes. I held a bake sale at work for Red Nose Day, but I want to do more than that, so that’s definitely something I’m looking into.
Have you made any changes for 2015? Big or small, tell me all about them in the comments! Also if you have any tips on any of the above to help me out, let me know either in the comments below or by emailing me or on twitter!