Last month, I shared my Scones recipe to build your own Afternoon Tea. Well, this cupcake is PERFECT to complete your Afternoon Tea.
The cupcake cases are cute right?! They’re from Wilko, although I can’t find them now on their website- but I’ve seen some similar cases in other places too!
The cupcakes themselves are just plain vanilla cupcakes topped with Strawberry Milkshake flavoured frosting and sprinkles. I love a good simple cupcake, because you can always rely on them to taste amazing without being too fiddly.
The cases are perfect for an Afternoon tea, team them up with proper teacups and they’ll look adorable!
I also think Strawberry milkshake is a great flavour for Summer- I used Sugar & Crumbs‘ icing sugars, which are always really high quality, you only need to use a little bit to get a really intense flavour. If you want a less intense flavour and more of a “hint”, dilute with regular icing sugar.
Top with sprinkles because, well, sprinkles make everything better! These are sure to wow your friends, even at a BBQ or a dinner party!
I’d really love to see if you make these teacup cakes, so please do tweet me @cakeydreamer or use my Instagram hashtag #cakeydreamerbakes!
- 225g Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g Butter
- 200g Sugar & Crumbs' Strawberry Milkshake Icing sugar (or use 100g of this and 100g of regular icing sugar for a less intense flavour)
- Pink food colouring
- Sprinkles to top
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Sieve the self-raising flour and add into the mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into each individual cupcake case.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Sieve the icing sugar and mix into the butter.
- Once mixed thoroughly, add in a few drops of pink food colouring until you get the shade you desire. (Be careful not to add too much or the liquid will make your icing too runny to pipe)
- Pour into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe in a swirl over your cupcake.
- Add some sprinkles over the frosting.